7 Day Adventure SUP River Trip down the Escalante with Adventure Photographer Dylan Brown - 020
Adventure sports photographer Dylan Brown shares his journey reflecting on his 7 day, 96 mile Escalante River SUP adventure. As the leader, photographer and cinematographer, he shares personal reasons for wanting to capture the beauty of this close-to-home, endangered low flow serpentine style river. Join us as he transports us to remote Utah on a paddle board, bringing you along for the ride to experience both some of his challenging and breathtaking moments. He also shares his behind the scenes planning and post-trip reflection as he brings awareness, conservation and adventure to this majestic river in Utah.
In this interview, we discuss:
- The personal reasons why Dylan chose Utah’s Escalante River and this location
- How he assembled his team (Morgan Smith, Morgan Tilton, Aaron Kloer and Jordan Curet)
- Behind the scenes planning with the water levels, packing and equipment
- Challenges they faced including drinking water, sun protection and thunder storms
- How he captured the moments in his amazing photographs and video
- His conservation efforts as politics has changed the protective state of this river and the region
- How he would have changed the trip if he could do it again
- What he recommends for others taking multi-day river paddleboarding trips
How to find Dylan:
- First SUP Descent of Utah’s Escalante River – SUP The Mag
- Wild and Broken: A First SUP Descent in Utah– SUP The Mag
- The First SUP Descent of Utah’s Escalante River – Outside Magazine
- Hala Hoss and Hala Straight Up inflatable paddle boards
- Live video series to help you prepare for your upcoming busy season
- Free eBook: 7 Tips to Fill Your SUP Classes
- SUP business community: UNLEASHED: Making Money On and Off the Water
- Book a strategy call with Julie
- Contact Julie for business and marketing coaching during your master trainer classes
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
To share your thoughts and help out the show:
- Leave a comment below
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one. (See video on How To Leave A Review on iTunes)
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest with the links below.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or Google Play.
Special thanks to Dylan for joining the show!